Our Favorite Tools
There are a lot of great tools for real estate agents to build their business, and it can be overwhelming to know what to use or where to go. We put together this resource page of tools we use and recommend to make it easy.
Bookmark this page for easy reference!
Accounting & Finance
- Quickbooks For Self-Employed - Accounting software designed to manage payroll, inventory, sales and other needs of a small business.
- You Need A Budget (YNAB) - Software built to give you laser-focus with your money. Pay off your debt, save more money, and break the paycheck to paycheck cycle.
Build a Website
- WP Engine - Simply the fastest, most secure and overall best solution for managed WordPress hosting in the world. They make it incredibly easy to get a new site up and running with a one-click WordPress installation.
- BlueHost - If you're on a tight budget, Bluehost is the way to go since their plans start at $3.95/mo. It's definitely a great way to get your website off the ground but there are some drawbacks, like less hands-on customer service when you run into website troubles.
- BeaverBuilder - The hands-down, easiest and overall best theme and page builder available for WordPress today. Seriously, this theme and page builder has saved me possibly hundreds of hours in web development for our sites and other projects.
- PowerPack Add-ons - This plugin is an add-on for Beaver Builder that takes your web design to the next level. It's packed with a ton of amazing pre-built module & section templates that makes BB even better.
- Showcase IDX - The best IDX solution for WordPress websites for a lot of reasons. The main reason being that they are simply the newest player in the game, and their code base was built with modern standards and architecture.
Contact Relationship Managers
- Contactually - We love Contactually for a lot of reasons. The main ones being that it's built on creating, building and nurturing real relationships and conversations.
- Follow Up Boss - Running a team is very different than running a single agent business. Follow Up Boss is hands down my favorite CRM for teams because it really covers all the bases, and covers them very well.
Email/List Building Tools
- ConvertKit - If I had to choose one email marketing provider for you to use, it would be ConvertKit. However, if you're just starting out, I can understand if you want to use my next recommendation that happens to be free.
- Drip Email - I recommend Drip over Mailchimp (they both have free plans) as an email service provider because it's just so much easier to setup and manage then MC. Easily segment your list and set up autoresponders in no time.
- LeadQuizzes - This is my new favorite tool that I can attribute a 230% increase in lead volume across my 3 businesses after just 2 weeks.
- ConvertFlow - ConvertFlow is an absolute game changer if you have a WordPress self-hosted website. It's a super smart call-to-action platform that is... just amazing.
Online Business Tools
- Calendly - Scheduling appointments and meetings over email is annoying and ineffective which is what makes Calendly such a game changer.
- Databox - I've been obsessed with online business dashboards for tracking KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) of my businesses, and Databox is the best dashboard tool out there.
- Typeform - Typeform is my favorite online form building tool for forms that people actually like to fill out. Perfect for buyer, seller or seller input forms. You'll love how easy to pick a template and have an awesome form done in minutes.
- Zapier: Allows you to automate tasks between other online apps. This helps you use complementary apps side-by-side!
Fiverr - If you haven't used Fiverr yet, you're seriously missing out. Fiverr is a marketplace of freelancers who offer all kinds of services or 'gigs' starting at only $5. I've had video intros, logos and so much more made on Fiverr.
99 Designs - 99 Designs is my favorite new place to get high quality and custom design content for everything from t-shirt designs to even our logo. Seriously, our logo was a 99 design.
- Audible: Get digital audiobooks, radio and TV programs, and audio versions of magazines and newspapers right to your computer or mobile devices.
- Asana: A task management tool, that allows teams to share, plan, organize, and track the progress of the tasks that each member is working on.
- Trello - Trello is an easy to use online web app that uses boards, lists, and cards to enable you to easily organize and prioritize your projects in a fun and flexible way.
- Buffer -Buffer is a better way to find to organize and schedule your content as well as measure performance and optimize. You'll love the simplicity and is perfect for the solo agent or small team.
- RealPromptPosts - Weekly emails with 3-5 proven posts and prompts including pro-quality graphics and images. And you can stop wasting time searching for that perfect image - stunning photos and graphics are included.
- SproutSocial - Sprout is a more featured filled social media management platform full of tools that help teams build and manage their brand and reputation.
Start a Podcast
- BuzzSprout - Simply the best podcast hosting solution for so many reasons and frankly, switching our podcasts over was one of the best decisions we've made. Use this link -> completeagent.io/buzzsprout for a FREE $20 Amazon Gift Card when you sign up.
- Dropbox: A service that keeps your files safe, synced, and easy to share. Bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and never lose a file again.
- LastPass: Award-winning password manager, saves your passwords and gives you secure access from every computer and mobile device.
- RingCentral: RingCentral takes your business to the next level by giving you unparalleled control over your inbound calls with their industry-leading cloud phone system.
- Slack: Brings all your communication together in one place. It’s real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.
Webinars & Video
- Demio - If I had to choose one email marketing provider for you to use, it would be ConvertKit. However, if you're just starting out, I can understand if you want to use my next recommendation that happens to be free.
- Renderforest - Renderforst is a cloud-based video maker for creating intro videos for YouTube and is perfect for real estate explainer animation videos. Create awesome HD videos in minutes at affordable prices.
- ScreenFlow - Screenflow is the tool that I use for all of my screen recordings and most of my movie editing. It's the best tool for recording your screens on a mac for tutorial videos.
- Camtasia - Camtasia makes editing on a PC simple and intuitive. It comes with a lot of really cool features and even bonus add-ons to take your editing to the next level.
Favorite Business/Life Books
- 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss - #1 New York Times best-selling author Tim Ferriss, teaches you how to escape the 9-5, live anywhere, and join the new rich.
- Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson - This book right here is full of gold nuggets from the first page to the last, on becoming viewed as an authority or 'expert' in your niche. It's also a super easy read too.
- Productivity Planner - There are a ton of productivity and daily planners out there and I've actually tried just about all of the good ones and this one is my favorite for a few reasons.
Favorite Real Estate Books
- The Millionaire Real Estate Agent - The one and only MREA, a must-have read for every real estate agent that wants to fundamentally understand the potential of a real estate sales business.
DISCLOSURE: Please note that some of the links on this page are affiliate links, and at no extra cost to you, I will earn a commission if you end up using something. Please also understand that I have personal experience with all of these companies, and only recommend them because they're well, awesome, not because of the small commissions. - Thank you! Adam Yera